Community Structure Regulations
The Community Structure system is a computerized system designed to build the internal structure of the Zehut party. This structure reflects the desire for true partnership of party members in determining the activities and values of the party, together with the creation of clear and dynamic leadership and hierarchy.
Each member of the Zehut party has a personal page through which he can vote, submit his candidacy, see various lists of the movement's members and ask questions.
Member: A Member of the Zehut party, whose dues are up to date.
Coordinator: A member of the Zehut party who has been elected by at least nine other members to be their coordinator.
Delegate: A coordinator elected by 4 other coordinators to be their delegate. At this stage, the delegates also serve as Zehut Council members.
1. A member may choose a coordinator immediately upon his / her registration. No need for seniority.
2. A member may submit his candidacy to become a coordinator immediately upon his registration, without the need for seniority.
3. A coordinator becomes an active coordinator when he has the support of 9 other party members.
4. The maximum number of members who can support a particular coordinator is 13. If he already has 13 supporters he is removed from the list of coordinator candidates.
5. A member can remove his support from a coordinator at any time. He could choose another coordinator only when the year has passed since the selection of the previous coordinator. (This year begins from the date that the previous coordinator became active, or from the time that the member voted for the coordinator, whichever is the later of the two.) This waiting period is not required if the previous coordinator has not yet become an active coordinator.
6. A coordinator whose number of supporters has dropped from 9 becomes a "conditional coordinator" for three months. During these months, he functions as a regular coordinator. During these months he can add supporters to complete his number of supporters to 9, and then returns to his status as an active coordinator. If he could not get more supporters during this period, his status as coordinator is canceled.* All his supporters are released and can choose a new coordinator immediately *.
7. Any coordinator who for his own reasons has canceled his coordinator status, immediately releases his supporters and they may choose a new coordinator immediately *.
8. As long as a candidate for coordinator is not an active coordinator, he may elect another coordinator. When he becomes an active coordinator (by obtaining support from 9 other members) his vote for a coordinator other than himself is automatically nullified.*
9. A coordinator can choose a delegate immediately upon becoming an active coordinator.
10. A coordinator may submit his candidacy for delegate status only after having 6 months of membership in the movement.
11. A delegate becomes an active delegate (and a member of the Zehut Council) when he has support from 4 coordinators besides himself. *
12. The maximum number of coordinators who can support a particular delegate is 8. If he already has eight, he is removed from the list of delegates to be elected.
13. A coordinator can withdraw his support for the delegate at any time. He may choose another delegate only when a year has passed since the election of the previous delegate. (This year begins to be counted since the previous delegate became active, or from the time the coordinator was elected, the later of the two.) This waiting period is not required if the previous delegate was not yet active.
14. A delegate whose number of supporters has decreased from 4 becomes "conditional" for three months. * During these months he functions as a regular delegate. During these months he can add coordinators to complete the number of his supporters to 4, and then he will return to being an active delegate. If he was unable to obtain additional supporters at the end of the three months, his delegate status is nullified.* His supporters are released and can choose a new delegate immediately *.
15. Any delegate who for reasons of his own has annulled his delegate status immediately releases his supporters and they may immediately elect a new delegate.
16. As long as the candidate for delegate is not an active delegate, he may choose another delegate. When he becomes an active delegate (by receiving the support of 4 coordinators other than himself) his vote for the other delegate is immediately nullified.
Upon entering the "Community Structure" system, each member will be presented with various options according to his status:
A member can submit his candidacy to be a coordinator (or cancel it), and elect a coordinator (or cancel his support for a coordinator for whom he had previously voted).
An active coordinator will be able to cancel his coordinator status, submit his candidacy for delegate status (or cancel candidacy for delegate status), elect a delegate, (or cancel his support for a delegate).
An active delegate will be able to cancel his candidacy for the status of delegate or coordinator.
* In each of these cases, an email update from the system will be sent to change the status of the relevant people.